Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I've finally found a website to exchange art and more!

I've been searching for a website or blog to connect with other artists. I wanted to be able to participate in challenges, art exchanges and do swaps. Thanks to Pinterest I stumbled upon Art Colony. It's so awesome! Right now I'm working on my first ATC (artist trading card) exchange. I've never done an ATC so it's been a learning experience. Their actually pretty fun, I'm excited to get mine! The theme is vacations....we haven't gone to many places this summer but we have used our motorhome. I've got a pretty cute motorhome sketched out so I'm building on that. I'll post pictures when I get them finished. I'm impressed with a Art Colony member because there was a goodie bag exchange and because I'm new I couldn't do it yet. I posted how I wished I could but I understood the rules (People get free stuff and disappear you have to prove yourself). A nice lady posted a response telling me she would be willing to do a one on one swap with me. I was so thrilled! I think it will be fun looking around my stash of stuff and picking out things to share. Maybe she's never used drywall tape as a stencil or the bottom of a flip flop as a pattern stamp? I look forward to participating in more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment