Monday, November 5, 2012

Making your own background papers in mixed media collage projects!

I'm still recovering from surgery so I haven't been able to work on posting like I want. I am however able to share this with you because it's quick & easy. I was inspired by some Tim Holtz patterned tissue paper it had butterflies & music notes. I love Ranger products but $17 for a roll of tissue paper just isn't happening right now. After doing this I'm thinking I'd prefer making my own. The music theme got me thinking what if I stamp some sheet music I have? Well I did just that and it turned out fantastic!

Step 1-stamp a piece of sheet music with whatever you prefer.
Step 2-I used TSUKINEKO Walnut Ink spray to give it an aged look.  Simply spray and blot to your preference.
Step 3-optional ball the paper up to help with the aged appearance.

That's it your done. I'm excited because I'll be able to use these in my mixed media projects and I can't wait. Give it a try!







No comments:

Post a Comment