Thursday, December 20, 2012

Art Journal Cover

I finished the cover for my Art Journal and wanted to share it with you. (don't have many "you" but I'm believing that will change!!).  I love owls and they seemed to fit this background. The texture on the bottom is from gauze I got at target during halloween. I used Golden gel medium to adhere it. It's very easy to put down just cut a piece a little larger than the area you want to cover. You need extra material to be able to maximize the texture. When the gauze is coated with the gel medium use your fingers to create your desired look. (Medical gauze would work great if you decide to try something like this.) Once the gauze was dry I used a few shades of green to create the look of grass. I drew a few flowers and did some doodling swirls with fine tip pens. Now for the swirly cloud(ish) looking things I glued kitchen twine down with some pva glue. My sky was made with mixing some blues with white until I had my desired color. I added some white highlights and used a white gel pen on the clouds. I put the owl stickers on and applied a coat of collage podge over them to be sure they would stay in place. My art journal is just a small spiral notebook I got at a secondhand store. I will do a post soon that will show you how to prep the book pages like I do in my journals. The pages can then be written on, painted, embossed, zentagled, stamped, glued on etc etc etc the possibilities are endless! you should try making your own art/visual journal. Merry Christmas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment