Thursday, December 6, 2012

Poppies are so fun to paint!

I'm loving how this is turning out. Poppies are so much fun to create I really like the bold red. They aren't hard to make I used some old book text and tore out some roundish (not a word?) shapes. I used a Americana cherry red, golden pyrrole red, golden transparent pyrrole orange, golden quinacridone magenta acrylic paints ob the poppies. For the stems I used an green acrylic pen and glued black beads down for the centers of the flowers with pva glue. To make the background I used various colors on things like dry wall tape, bubble wrap, stencils and I added washi tape sealed with collage podge. Just play around with different materials to create texture and add the colors you like. After I got the background done I put the poppies on & painted the stems. I used a couple different stamps over the background and finished flowers with black archival ink.  One of the final touches was some paper border glued down with craft glue. Now I'm just debating adding text. I'll post again if I decide to add anything else. I challenge you to make some flowers with book text there are endless possibilities!


No comments:

Post a Comment