Sunday, December 23, 2012

My little House

I've been working on this one for a few weeks now. I like having a few pieces going on at the same time it gives me new inspiration which can be refreshing. I used a rolled paper technique I learned from a video by Christy Tomlinson to create the roof, window, rainbow and door I love the dimension it adds to my work. My background was created with acyclic paint and different mediums like bubble wrap, dry wall tape, washi tape, paper borders and other household items.  The flowers were from a stamp inked with archival ink and painted in with red acrylic paint. I stamped a rainbow in the rolled paper I had in the upper right corner. I colored it in with fine tip sharpie markers. I highly recommend keeping a sketch journal it's something I go back to time and again to gather inspiration for what I want to do next!  Grab your paints stamps and any other things you have laying around and give it a try!




No comments:

Post a Comment