Monday, April 29, 2013

I've been holding back!

I've tried to keep this blog mostly about my art life so I haven't mentioned the bee side of life.  Yes, bees! They actually will have something to do with my art because I plan to use the wax we collect in some of my work. We started looking into bees about a year and a half ago. Now we have 13 hives. The more I learn about these little ladies the more fascinated I become. There are many things in our environment that hurt bees, they have many things against them (pesticides, mono-croping, mites). As a beekeeper it's a very delicate balance to try and keep them healthy and try to take care of them naturally.  We'll do our darndest to make this work! I'm including a couple pictures the one where I'm in my vail is a picture of me on our way home from picking up our last batch of bees. They weren't in the back of a pick up so we had a few stray bees flying around I was trying to make sure I didn't get stung! I relaxed about half way through the ride....lol




No comments:

Post a Comment