Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I'm excited about metal!

I've been toying with the idea of using some corrugated metal my hubby has in the shop. I couldn't sleep the other night so I started this little project and went for it. I'm so happy with how it turned out my brain is now full of ideas. I started with a paint wash if blue and green. I wanted it light so you could still have the metal showing through.  I randomly tore circle-ish shapes from book paper. I layed them out and adjusted until I was happy then adhered them with collage podge. I first used Golden Vat orange on the circles (let that dry) then a mix of Golden Pyrrole Red, Quinacridone Magenta, Vat Orange and a few drops of Acrylic Glaze. I used two coats of the mixed paint to get the look I wanted. I used a Liquitex black paint for the stems and archival black ink with a couple stamps. I happily went through my button stash and glued them on with Glossy Accents. Doodled with a gelly roll 08 white pen and a micron black pen. I'm so so happy with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment