Thursday, June 6, 2013

Crazy life!

I've been up to my neck in life and haven't been able to blog. I hate long periods in between posts but stuff happens. I've mostly been messing around in my art journal because that's what I've had time for, it's actually been quite nice. I recently bought some pan pastels (finally) what beautiful creamy goodness! I can't wait to use them on something other than my journal. I've also gotten some faber castell big brush pens they are also wonderful. I love being able to highlight and shade with them. For awhile now I've wanted some faber castell gelatos but their price tag has made me wait. I stumbled on a youtube video where the lady used faber castell gel sticks from the kids section. Her opinion was that they were the same thing as the gelatos. I bought a pack of 12 gel sticks for $12 and even if they aren't exactly the same I love them anyways! I like the price and they work fantastic. I'm curious now to buy a pack of gelatos and compare them. I'm also having fun playing with a pair of flip flops from the dollar store....that's no joke they have the best pattern on the bottom! As a mixed media artist I've learned to always have my eyes wide open it's amazing what you can find.

I've completed a couple custom pieces this week. It felt awesome to get paint allover my fingers(found some clear up on my bicep this am too!). I don't bother with barrier cream, the paint makes me happy because it means I'm getting to do what I love! I'm including pics of the custom pieces.

The bees also take up a lot of my time we've had lots of adventures with them over the past few weeks. I'm also posting a pic of one of our queens just because I think she's beautiful!

One if my next big goals is to get an Etsy store up and running. Gotta get my work out there...




No comments:

Post a Comment