Saturday, June 22, 2013

Not much art but I had a nice vacation & beekeeping adventures!

I'm a tad disappointed I haven't been able to do much on the artwork side but we went on vacation over Father's day. It was a great time had by all on the Oregon Coast. There was a mix of family and friends. In typical Oregon Coast fashion it rained but we were blessed with no rain when we needed it not too! Zach and I took the kids to see a movie when it was really rainy one afternoon, that was a fun treat. We saw Epic everyone liked it. I was so happy to be able to use our motorhome!

The bees have been keeping us busy too. It's hard to have time for art when your dealing with regular mom wife stuff and swarming bees. The hubby was on duty when we had one hive swarm. Guess who got to get them? Me that's who! It was a large group of bees too. I'm very proud of myself I had to do some problem solving to get it all to work, but I got them in the box and they are doing well. I figured if I'm going to call myself a beekeeper I need to buck up and give it a try. I had seen Zach do it a couple times so I knew what needed to be done. It was just a tad bit more intimidating when your the one looking at putting 30,000+ bees into a box! Luckily all went well!!

Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment