Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Excited to share my art journal cover!

After I did my first beeswax experiment I had the idea to use some of the same colors and techniques for my art journal cover. I've been working on it here and there and finally completed the front cover. I purchased this book at a thrift store it's approx 8 1/2 X 11. I thinned it so I wouldn't end up with a monster journal that's impossible to work in (been there done that). I covered it with black gesso, then dictionary paper then a white wash of gesso. After that I used stamps, Tim Holtz distress inks, paint, gesso and a couple embellishments to get the look I was after. If you like this look check out a Youtube video by RachO113 called Beeswax Tag(there's 3 parts). Even if you plan on never using beeswax the video is worth watching also check out her other video's too she's amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment