Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I've been busy with life!

These past few weeks have been crazy. Migraines & icky viruses but I'm trying to get back to my art.
Thanks to Suzy Blu (again I can't say enough good things about her Mixed Media Girls book) I've been playing with wax. I'm so loving how it looks the wax adds such a great finish and it smells wonderful!  For a test run I started with a 6x6 piece of paper, covered it with book paper used distress inks stamps & paint. I can use this on a canvas or put it in my art journal, I haven't decided. I bought an old iron at a local craft store and a block of wax.  After working with the block I'd like to try wax pellets they might be easier to work with.  I'm currently working on a petite doll that I will seal with wax. She's not done yet but I'll include a couple picture anyways. I'm excited to see how she turns out.  I'll post the finished canvas soon....





No comments:

Post a Comment