Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gotta tell you about my recent book purchase!

I ordered Journal Spilling by Diana Trout....wow! I'm having so much fun reading and trying some of her lessons out. I have watercolor crayons and watercolors but I haven't used them much. I love growing my knowledge and realizing what both products can do. I'm working on a page that's confronting my inner critic. I like doing the spill writing and just letting words go. It's very freeing! Part of the lesson is making a sort of self portrait, it's pretty rough right now but I think it will turn out ok. Even if it doesn't I'm learning that's just fine. I'm doing it and that's what matters!! If you have a art journal or you've thought about creating/making one I highly recommend this book. I've had my art journal for several months now and this book has truly inspired me to take it further. I've also learned a few things that I want to try to incorporate in my canvases. ~Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment